Saturday, June 7, 2008

Calling All Dancers!!




Have you ever wanted to dance? Do you dance now? Are you looking for a new cultural experience? If the answer is yes, or even maybe, we could be the group you are looking for.




No experience required just a desire to learn, and have fun. We are looking for new dancers age 18+, some exceptions may be made depending on circumstance. We learn and perform dances from countries such as Russia, Poland, Slovakia, Ukraine, Germany, and Hungary. Most of our performances are in or near the Salt Lake valley, however we have attended festivals as far away as Escalante Utah, Rock Springs Wyoming, and Red Lodge Montana. Costumes are provided.




Rehersals are on Tuesday nights from 6:30- 8:00, at the Central City Community Center, 600 South 300 East, Salt Lake City. We meet in the dance room near the front entrance. Come meet us and see what we do, and try out our unique way of sharing world cultures with the people of Salt Lake. You can also contact Adrian at adrianruiz@msn.com.

5 comments:

A Paperback Writer said...

Okay, you need to put the info from this post into the profile because otherwise it will get lost as you add more posts.
And, wow, some of these pics are REALLY old. The German one there's pretty good though. It's a keeper.
I'll get this linked to my blog soon.
Thanks for the Sego link.

Narodna Folkdancers said...

Thanks for the input. I had to be very selective at the time I put these pictures on here because I didn't have permission from anyone except my husband. Which by the way I didn't discuss with you, is it okay to use pictures with you in them, and would you prefer I use your pen name or whatever if I need to refer to you for some reason?

A Paperback Writer said...

Call me by the blog name for now, please. I do have to watch out for the school thing and the kids. And I've linked this blog to mine, so it's easily trackable. Post pics of me if you like. No big deal. In fact, feel free to use the really old ones where I'm thinner.
I have tons of pics, but they'd all need to be scanned in because they date from waaaaaay back.
Oh, I'll check with Adrian, but, if he's interested, Max could design a website for us. I don't know what the charge would be, but I doubt it would be horrible. Then you could link the blog to the website, etc.

Narodna Folkdancers said...

Your wish is my command. I think a website would be great, but that is way beyond my technical capabilities. This is about all I have time and brain power for, seeing as I only tend to it when I am at work in the middle of the night. I have a scanner and would love to scan your pictures in even if I just end up putting them on a disk for you and having copies for myself. I love pictures. Someday I will have time to scrapbook again, until then I just keep making cds of all my pictures.

A Paperback Writer said...

I'll talk to Max and Adrian.